Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Tuesday Update / A New Baby In The Barn

At 5:15 this morning Tara delivered a beautiful colt. Even though she was only 316 days along, he is strong and healthy. It took him a little while to decide to get the hang of nursing in the right place but once he did it once he had it. 
I am sorry that I did not get a  chance to send out text alerts.  In her normal fashion, she did the "stop, drop and foal " routine.  Alexa barely made it to the barn on time for the birth and I got there after he was out.

I have added a foaling replay to the site and will be sure to get lots of pictures of him as he unfolds.

I'll be checking the other mares tonight and will post an update after I check them.

Tara's Foaling Replay


Tested Polly and Kari. No changes tonight.  Both seem to be where they should be at this time.  Polly normally foals about ten days early but she may go longer this year. 

4 comments:

  1. I am so excited, I was watching when it happened and was reaching for the phone when Alexa came running. What a beautiful little colt. Loved how he bonded with Alexa. God Bless you and the horses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mardi Gras man! What a blessed arrival. Congratulations.
    I missed the live birth but it was the first thing I saw when I awoke this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to Tara, Beth and everyone at Freelands. He is gorgeous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had insomnia and was able to watch the handsome little devil enter this world. My husband had just woke up to get ready for work and I yelled for him. It was great! This is the 1st time he has ever seen a birthing. Now he knows why I'm so addicted! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete