Monday, February 8, 2016

Monday Night Update

The mares had a relaxing day outside today.  If was very windy here but it didn't seem to bother them at all.  As long as they have their hay and can roam around they are happy girls.

Tara kept us all guessing last night.  She was very restless and acted like she was uncomfortable.  After watching her do this for several hours, she went back to her normal relaxed routine.  Her pH has dropped to 6.3 and her milk calcium test is at the max.  She is at the stage where she could foal at any time or could stay like this for awhile.  We'll just have to wait and watch.

Pollyanne and Karisma are both bagging up but are not showing signs of being close to foaling yet.

I'll keep you updated. 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the updates. I watch as much as I can, but still have an active life during the day and have to sleep at night. It is so long to read the 2 day comments and 2 hours doesn't seem enough to catch up. This helps. Going to bed with the laptop now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm anxiously awaiting the births and hoping that I'm online in time. I've been glued to my laptop for the past few nights. My husband thinks I'm crazy. Ha. Just wait until the birthing begins! That's when I wake him up so that he can watch as well. LOL! Take care and God bless!!!

    ReplyDelete