Thursday, March 10, 2016

Thursday Morning

Wow, what a wet mess everything is here on the farm.  We are much more fortunate than so many people who have their homes and businesses flooded. Our house and the areas where we have the horses are in no danger and all have shelters with dry hay when they want to go there.  Some of the pastures are completely flooded but we have moved all the horses from those areas.  I took a few pictures around here yesterday. 
This is BlackJack's summer pasture.

 

The beautiful stream that runs through our property now looks like a raging river and the wooded area behind our house is completely flooded.

It's still raining this morning and the forecast is for rain through Sunday.  I suppose we will dry out one day.

I hope you are all having a good week. I'll post updates on the mares as we see changes.

1 comment:

  1. That's just awful. I'm so happy to hear you and your horses and foals are safe, and can get out of the rain, get dry hay, etc. But rain through Sunday??? That sounds way too much like the floods in Columbia and Charleston, SC last October. I'll be praying for some warm and DRY weather. I saw Polly and Heartsong last night on the outside cam for just a little while...so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete