Tuesday, March 8, 2016

The mares were brought inside early today due to rain and thunderstorms in our area.  We have very heavy rains forecast for the next few days with flash flooding forecast. They are saying our area could get as much as tweleve inches of rain over the next three days.  The horses are all on higher ground so no problems with flooding, just lots of mud.  I will probably keep Midnite, Karma and Evenstar inside until this ugly weather passes.
 
Sorry I have not posted in the last few days. My husband had a really bad fall and is pretty banged up.  He was checked out thoroughly at the hospital and thankfully has no broken bones. 
 
There are no big changes in any of the mares. We still have some time to go on all of them.

You may here some peeping on the barn audio.  Alexa has a baby goose and a baby duck in an empty stall in the barn.  They are as cute as can be but can sometimes we very noisy.

Hope you all have a good week. I'll keep you updated on any changes.

2 comments:

  1. So very sorry to hear about Wes's fall. I pray he feels better and heals quickly. I also send prayers for God to spare you any flooding or storm damage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awful about your husband, and I'm hoping he gets better quickly. I'm sorry and worried about the weather and storms you're getting...it's unprecedented, so much rain...it's like my home town of Columbia, SC, when it flooded last October. Please keep up apprised of how all of you are doing. Take care, and sending prayers of healing for you husband, and prayers of strength for you.

    ReplyDelete